Wednesday, January 29, 2014

CASual Fridays #126 -- revisited

I was SO inspired by PaperCrafts latest issue of Stamp It! Techniques Vol. 2 that I actually bought a couple of things this weekend to play around with, excited to learn something new. I'm pretty nerdy that way. I was out having fun with my sister all weekend, so the tight-wad nerd side of me was somewhat squelched. She and I get together and get our creative juices flowing and it's "Katie Bar the Door!" ...Soooo, I wore out some JoAnn's and Micheal's coupons. I have been curious about gelatos for some time and decided "why not?" and bought some this weekend.

I had to experiment with them and had an idea that I thought worked well with CASual Friday's Color Block Challenge.



Here is my card using metallic gelatos:

 
 
I used the backside of a label stamp to produce the solid shape for my "blocks" and colored it with the gelatos. I spritzed a mist of water prior to stamping. After it dried (I might have been impatient and blasted it with my heat gun.....but then again, I might not have.), I stamped the sentiment from Simon Says Stamp Apothecary Labels stamp set in VersaFine Black ink. I then matted it in black paper from a Crate Paper 6x6 pad (DIY Shop) and wonky stitched around the edges. I want the trademark on that term, BTW. Big Daddy asked, of course, did you mean to stitch that straight? Now, I'm going to tell him -- it's a "wonky stitch". After that, a little distressing and added some enamel dots and veneer stars. It was a lot of fun to play around with and I liked how it turned out.
 
Thanks for stopping by to visit!
 
God Bless,
Mandy
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Mandy, you nailed it with this challenge! Glad to see you playing with gelatos. I have yet to pick it up. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful style and composition all around, Mandy!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts