Saturday, January 11, 2014

Simon Says "Ice Inspiration" and SPARKS

Hello!

I'm trying to fight the battle of the "lazies" today and catch up on a wee bit of blogging. Not much, but it did get me off the couch. (Even though my paperback book is over there waiting for me.) I think I have gone into hibernation mode, now that the craziness of the holidays is over and it's too cold to work outside in the yard. The housework is always beckoning, but lately I've been adept at blocking that out! I've woefully decided that sleep is a current hobby and perhaps I should just embrace it while I can. Whatever, right?! It's not the end of the world and it could be worse, even though my lingering lack of mojo is driving me up a wall.

I made this sweet little card last week using the SimonSaysStampChallenge "Ice Inspiration" with my new Chilly Chums stamp set from Paper Smooches.  Since it's "Anything Goes" week over at SPARKS, I get a two-fer!

winter_moodboard_sss

This fun paper is from a My Mind's Eye 6x6 holiday pad I picked up for a song at Michael's. I had nabbed one Christmas pad on sale there and when I realized how cheap it was at checkout, I went back for another.

 
I inked the edges of the patterned papers with closely matching CTMH inks. I stamped the sweet little seal, colored with markers, and trimmed him out before adhering with 3-D foam tape. The dots are also My Mind's Eye and the twine is Hemptique (a stocking goodie from my mom! I was so surprised she was buying me crafty goodies)

I love how this one turned out - the colors and fun little stampiness makes me smile. It may need to go to my great-Aunt. I love to send her cards and I bet it will make her smile. :)

Hope you are having a great new year -- thanks for stopping by!
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Love your bright colors for this time of year - just what we need, Mandy! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous card-- fab colors and papers! But what I love the most is your coloring for that seal-- WOWOWOWZA! You have got to teach me how to color like that! WOOOOOOOOOOW! I love it:) THANKS so much for playing along with the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge! Hope you join in the fun this week- Picture Perfect!!! <3

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts