Monday, January 28, 2013

Freshly Made Sketches #70 and Pemberly

I've only recently cracked open my Pemberly kit from CTMH this past summer. And, now, lo' and behold, it's nearly time to purchase new summer paper! The burdens we bear in this craft...{sigh}.  So -- for those of you who don't know me well, once I've cracked open a packet and cut a few pieces, then I let loose and actually use the paper. So, I've been enjoying my Pemberly lately. (Still yet to cut into Florentine! But that's next - I promise it's in the hopper!)

I paired the beautiful floral background paper with the Freshly Made Sketch this week. I've been wanting to make a card using this piece of the kit and this sketch was almost exactly what I had in mind! It was fate!




 
My favorite part is the flower that  I heat embossed in White Daisy on Honey colored cardstock. I made 3 embossed copies of this flower before I trimmed the images. I trimmed each of the images at different petals to create a layered effect. Each layer is popped up on 3-D foam tape. I also added the Bitty Pearls to  make it even prettier! The flower and sentiment are both from my CTMH "Card Word Puzzle" stamp set. (I LOVE this set and use it often!) The navy ribbon is American Crafts and the Vintage Cream cardstock is from PaperTrey Ink.
 
Thanks for visiting!
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card Mandy! I love the layered embossed flower! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts