Saturday, January 19, 2013

Dynamic Duos #36

I'm not normally fond of making Valentine's cards - those aren't my favorite colors, but this year I have really enjoyed it for some reason. I was feeling all "challenged out" and trying to give myself a break. So, today I worked on scrapbook layouts that I needed to complete/catch up on. After a little creative brain break, I felt inspired to give the Dynamic Duos a whirl because of the color combination.



I went with something pretty simple -- black frame around red BoBunny dotted cardstock - SQUEE! That stuff is SO cute. I can't help it. I bought some to stash for Christmas cards and I'm finding it's great for V-day cards. Dual purpose is even better.


I have been wanting some big ole' gaudy satin ribbon for Christmas cards! Perfect for making a big ole' gaudy bow for a card -- and I LOVE IT! I just picked this up at Wal-Mart. I'm somewhat adventurous, but unfortunately, rather cheap. That's a tough combination, believe me.

I used the stamp set from my CTMH Artiste collection and trimmed a black scalloped circle to mat it. The silver pearls are from Doodlebug Design (also purchased for a Christmas collection).

Thanks for visiting! Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card..I love that amazing red bow! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic. I love the background DP with that lovely sentiment and luscious ribbon! Beautiful job. ;-) Thank you for joining us at Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually I think your big red bow is gorgeous! and love the little touch of the pearls at the bottom. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts