Friday, August 17, 2012

Freshly Made #48



I am digging on sketches lately. Every time I see a new one, I feel the itch to get in my crafty room and create something -- ideas muddling in my head and the excitement of a new challenge bubbling. HOWEVER by the time I actually get in my room and have time to work on something, I am blocked! Sketches are supposed to help a girl's waning mojo, so mine must be seriously broken. I just left my room in frustration yesterday with a card only partially finished. I hadn't even glued anything down to the base - just left it all askew on my desk. So today I finished it based on this Freshly Made sketch.

It really caught my eye this week and I was dying to do something with it. Maybe I was forcing it yesterday. I think I'm guilty of that more than I realize.  I still may do more with this later when the mood strikes. I think it'd be a great one for Christmas cards.

We know a little girl in my daughter's grade who broke her leg over the summer. Poor thang! So I wanted to send her a card.



My card uses CTMH "Splendor" paper and the Skipping Stones Design "Heartsong 2" stamp set.

Raise your hand if you, also, have trouble with "random" placement of jewels, gems, and stamps?! It looks like it should be so easy!! But every time I adhere another gem I think it looks too "in line" with the others. I'm open to suggestions if there is a trick I'm unaware of. If they weren't sticky on one side, I think I'd throw several up in the air and see where they landed. But something tells me I would not be able to leave them alone - I'd move something.

My stamp colors are Cocoa and 2nd Generation Topiary, both from CTMH. All edges are inked in Desert Sand. The blue bitty bling gems are also CTMH.

Thanks for looking! Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Great card Mandy! That little bird is so sweet! I love that bling!!! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY CUTE CARD! I see your Mojo DID come back to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card...I just love the Heart Song 2 collection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so lovely ... love that bird image and love how you used the banner strips!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable card! I love the banners and the bling! Thanks for playing with Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts