Thursday, November 12, 2015

PDE Linky Party - Anything Goes

Hello!

It's a new week over at PDE Linky Party . The theme is "Anything Goes" so plenty of ways you can play along. All project types are welcome and we'd love to have you join us!


Today, I'm sharing a card I made my sweet brother-in-law for Veteran's Day. He served two tours in Iraq and I do my best to send him a card for this occasion each year.



I used MFT's Proof Positive Cover Up to die cut PTI Kraft, PTI Stampers Select White, MFT After Midnight, and CTMH Cranberry cardstocks. I then layered the pieces back into the Kraft piece in a pseudo US flag configuration. The shape that looks somewhat like a heart in the middle was a happy accident!

I white heat embossed a sentiment strip using After Midnight cardstock and the Totally Happy stamp set. It's adhered using foam tape and has silver embroidery thread wrapped in behind it. I only added two white enamel dots and two red sequins for further accents - to keep it CAS and the focus on the colored pieces. It was a lot of fun to make and I was quite happy with the end result. (I love when an executed idea actually matches the idea that was floating in my head.)

I'm also playing along with CASology's "GIVE" cue card challenge, Addicted to CAS's "Hero" challenge, and Cards In Envy's "Thanks/Gratitude/Thank You" challenge.
                       Share Our Badge!

So, in case you weren't picking up on it from my card and the cue words for these challenges that helped inspire me -- I'm very proud of our former solider and try to tell him at least once a year! :) I can't imagine the life lived by our military and their families as they serve and I'm so grateful we have everyday heroes willing to do what they do. They sacrifice and give up more than we can even understand. I know what I saw my sister go through and the worry we had as extended family was enough to have us all in knots while he was deployed. I can't imagine thinking about it being my husband or son or daughter. It's such a blessing for everyone in this country.

Well that's all for now. :) (And more than enough, I'm sure. Ha!) Please don't forget to play along with PDE and join in the crafty fun!


Thanks SO much for stopping by to visit. Please do so again soon!

God Bless,
Mandy

James 1:17  NKJV   (New King James Version)
    Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome!!! Very nice. Thanks for joining us at the PDE linky party! DT Twila

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts