Saturday, November 21, 2015

Holiday Cards and what I've been up to all week

Hello!

Happy weekend to you all. Phew. I'm so glad it's here. I've had a somewhat crazy week. Late last week, Poor Hubby finally got home after a week out of the country for work but, bless his heart, he then spent this week at home sick! He got an international travelers' bug that is quite common, but it had him DOWN. He finally went back to work today. He wasn't causing me any extra work or trouble, but I'm the world's worst about getting out of my routine when someone is here! I never made a big grocery store run, just a million little trips trying to get him stuff that might make him feel better. And, you know how that is - It may be a different hankering every day.

I also had a couple of Christmas card orders for customers that kept me in my crafty space quite a bit. So, at least, I was getting to craft some - just not share it here. I took a picture of some of my faves that I wanted to share. I had one order that was for a printed verse and signature on the inside and a "scrapbooked" look on the top. (Middle Sister's words. She is my agent. She got these orders from her co-workers. :D)





 

These were all quick to make. Mostly they have a stenciled background and layered scraps under a sentiment focal point. I really enjoyed making them. The sentiments are from MFT Gift Tag Greetings, PTI Deck the Halls, and  CTMH Be Jolly. Papers are from 6x6 pads - Basic Grey 25th and Pine, My Mind's Eye Merry Little Christmas, and My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Christmas.
 
 
Another order was all printed, a design I made and sent to a sale my sister was participating in.
 
 
 
I just sat in front of the TV with the fam one night and tied all the twine bows on after they were printed, cut, and scored.
 
It's taken me all morning off and on to edit pictures and get this posted. :D The joys of doing Saturday housework, refereeing children, and corresponding with aforementioned Poor Hubs all while trying to blog. Good times!
 
 
Now. Onto my fun Christmas card I made with some coveted new goodies that came in yesterday from Butterfly Reflections Ink. My first order from there and I was so please! Quick (and discounted! Yay!) shipping and a great selection.
 

 
 
All my new goodies used here are MFT: Bold Diagonal Stripes background stamp (in a Latte pigment ink, hard to see in photo), Wonky Window Die (LURVE this - HELLUR!), and Hug in a Mug sentiment stamp set. The small sequins are also from BRI - Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend 3mm clear. The little fox is just a cheapo block stamp I picked up at Michael's last year and never used. After stamping him on Kraft (PTI) cardstock in Coconut Husk (WPlus9) ink, I colored with Prismacolor Pencils. I didn't have the pencils last year and I must admit I like it better with a little color.
 
I'm playing along with a few challenges that provided inspiration!
 
Cards In Envy - "Put Some Layers On"   (My layers are under the front panel for the shaker. And less than 1/4" thick! So still easy to mail out this Christmas.) Share Our Badge!
 
Curtain Call     
 
 
 
Addicted to Stamps and More - "Anything Goes"   GRAB OUR BADGE!
 
 
ABC Christmas Challenge - "W for Wild Thing"
 
 
That's all for me this afternoon. :) Thanks so much for coming by to visit and checking out my creations. Please come back again soon!
 
God Bless,
Mandy
 
 
 
I John 1:7   NKJV  (New King James Version)
   "But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin."


Pin It

11 comments:

  1. Very beautiful cards and the little fox card is adorable. Thank you for the comment on my card today.
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet foxy shaker card.
    Thanks for sharing at ATSM this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your selection of cards you made for customers, you must be a pro at tying twine bows now! Great foxy shaker too, love that wonky die.
    Thanks for sharing at ATSM this week, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  4. First off, you have been busy! I love seeing all your creations. Second, I've never heard of the Curtain Call challenge. I have a list of ch sites on my sidebar. I'm going to have to add that one and check it out. Your fox card is adorable! Big Hugs to you!
    Janis
    Pause Dream Enjoy, My Crafty Blog
    PDE Linky Party, Owner & DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your shaker card is cute. I really like the set of cards you made too - great way to use up some scraps of dsp.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the shaker and wonky panel! Great use of layers for the Cards in Envy Challenge! Thanks for sharing your Christmas set too...wonderfully CAS with lots of interest! May have to CASE those since I'm waaaay behind :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all of your cards but the fox card for our challenge is adorable. So glad you shared it with us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Lisa DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all wonderful! I especially love the fox shaker card -- super sweet take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All your cards are fabulous! The fox one linked to our challenge is super cute! Love the layers and the shaker! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful range of cards here Mandy. Again welcome to the team, I have now become your follower too. I am really looking foreward to see your creations for the team.
    Hugs, Veerle ATSC

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts