Thursday, November 5, 2015

A Christmas Card and FUN announcement!

Hello!

I'm playing catch-up this week. Yikes. :) We spent the weekend out of town for Halloween so the kiddos could Trick or Treat and play with their cousins. They LOVED it - a good time was had by all. :) Then, they were out of school on Monday and The Sultan was home "sick" Tuesday. Blech! Friday, The Hubs is off work and we are spending the day together. Mandy has a two-day week! That's not much time to do "chores" AND craft! Not enough hours in the day, my friends. Never is, right?


So, for my fun news - I am joining the Design Team over at PDE Linky Party! I'm so excited!

 


Challenges are now "Always Anything Goes" so please come join the fun each week! We'd love to have you. :)


Now, for my fun Christmas card. I had this in my "staging area" on the bar in the kitchen to remind me to blog it and the more I looked at it as I passed by, the more I liked it. Which is nice, b/c I didn't just love it when I finished it.

 
 
My sentiment is stamped in different colors via masking from MFT's LJD Grand Holiday Greetings. 
I used patterned paper from Basic Grey's 25th and Pine 6x6 pad. That holly paper reminded me of this Runway Inspired Challenge. (A Christmas version, of course.) I love that little dress. It's so happy and colorful, while still being navy. :) I think all my clothes should be navy, black, or gray.
 
 
 
 
 I was also inspired by the sketch over at Sweet Sunday Sketch:
 
 
 
Since the sentiment covered the focal panel, I broke up the little sentiment strip, split it and tucked it under the raised panel. I used MFT Double Stitched Rectangle to cut the focal panel and Blueprints 13 to cut the Holly patterned panel. The card base and sentiment panel is PTI Rustic White cardstock (one of my all time faves). I finished it all off with Jute Twine and a button, another favorite of mine. I love how it adds a rustic touch without overpowering the other elements. 8-)
 
I am also linking up with PDE Linky Party this week, Always Anything Goes - new link up every Friday, and Crazy 4 Challenges, Christmas challenge .
 
 
 
Thanks SO much for stopping by to visit! Please do so again soon. I love having visitors, comments, and followers.
 
 
God Bless,
Mandy
 
 
Romans 12:2   NKJV  (New King James Version)
    And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
 
 
 

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Your card is so pretty! I love the different ink colors for the stamp and all the elements you added. Great job!
    Thanks for linking up over at PDE Linky Party.
    DT Janis
    PDE Linky Party Design Team Call
    Pause Dream Enjoy, blog
    PDE Linky Party, challenge blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. So happy to see you join Janis's DT, as well as 2 Creative Chicks. Looking forward to having you on the team.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥
    ♥ Paper & Stitches ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your choice of patterned paper, and the multi-colored sentiment! Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts