Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Freshly Made Sketches #110 & CASology #68



I'm (almost) setting a record for myself today. Making a card the day a challenge is out, posting it that same day, AND using it the very next day! This is NOT me, I assure you.

I used this week's Freshly Made Sketch to make a card for a co-PTO member at school leading a Halloween fundraiser I've been involved with this week. It's her first year to lead it and I think she's done a super swell job. Since I came home from school today and headed straight to my room to "play" in my 2 quiet hours of the day, it was fresh on my mind and I made her something.

I used my CTMH "Spellbound" papers that are so fun. I picked these up for a song a few weeks ago on a clearance section of their website. It was quite the coup for me, since I LERVE to buy all the Halloween goodies I can. I managed to really temper my impulses this year (well, CTMH didn't have new Halloween goodies this year, so maybe that's not as much of a restraint success story as I'd like to think it is). Well, regardless, I didn't buy much new Halloween supplies this year. The banner is stamped and trimmed from my new CTMH set "Banner Wishes" and the sentiment is from my Paper Smooches "Sentiment Sampler". It's hard to tell around the black card base, but I inked the edges using Black Reinker and a stipple brush. It shows up betteron the accent squares in the card's center.
 
 
I am also entering this card in this week's CASology challenge -- cue word: BLACK. ( I rarely, if ever, use a black card base!)
 
 










Thanks for stopping by to visit! Hope everyone has a safe and happy Halloween!


Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Love those papers! And I love your take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the sketch! You rocked it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card! The layout is perfect and that banner is divine! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummmm you rock for sure with this card! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is stunning! The colors really pop! Great job!!!
    Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so dramatic and fun! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts