Monday, November 3, 2014

October Gallery Challenge

I know -- zero to sixty today. Now I'm back with a vengeance!

I wanted to share my October Gallery Challenge project that was a winner this past week. :) I was super excited when I found it LATE Friday night, while trying to simmer down to go to sleep and scrolling through my Bloglovin' feed. (A night-time ritual, between reading Bible chapters and perusing Pinterest obsessively.)


October's Challenge was to create a Halloween themed project for the Gallery. I shared a décor project I made for my kiddos bathroom using frames I picked up at a local thrift store and spray painted black. I also picked up a "cheap" one at WalMart. I think I actually bought this one a while back for another purpose and have yet to execute that idea. (Classic Mandy!)



The above set is my "winning" entry. I cut the witch silhouette and moon using my Silhouette from files I created myself. I used Black cardstock from PTI and Honey cardstock (backside of the textured cardstock - I'm so sad I'm almost out of that. I've hoarded it for a LOOOOONG time) and I inked the edges using a sponge and Honey ink from CTMH. The gray is also CTMH, I think Gray Wool, but I can't make any promises. The black enamel stars are also from CTMH and are currently available in the Idea Book or on the website. I LOVE these!

The frame on the left is upcycled and spray painted, while the one on the right is new from WalMart (only $4!).


 
This frame is also part of the set. I salvaged the frame from Goodwill, ripped out the guts that were 1980's home décor and painted it. I backed the frame with a piece of CTMH Moonlight patterned paper. I die cut the letters from Oracal 651 vinyl using my Silhouette and added the adhesive felt shape from more hoarded CTMH "Moonlight" leftovers onto the outside of the glass.  
 
 
Here is a picture of the full set hanging in The Piglets' bathroom.
 
 
It was a lot of fun to make and Miss Priss LOVED it. I also added a vinyl spider hanging from a web onto their mirror! She was happy that it was a "cartoon" spider instead of scary. 8-) LOL
 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by to visit!
 
God Bless,
Mandy

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts