Monday, February 10, 2014

Colour Q #227

Hello crafty friends -- I'm popping in to share a fun "Valentine's Card" I made using Avery Elle's Ikat Additions stamp set and pink, pink and red! I'm not a huge Valentine card person and I don't usually dig the colors, but I decided it was a challenge I could get on board with. I love taking "non-holiday" products and altering the colors to make it correlate. It just seems fun to me. And I feel like I can stretch my supplies that way. Since I don't dig on the Valentine's goodies, I don't really have any specifically themed stamp sets. (Which is a shock in and of itself) but I'll make it work with what I have.

I used the Colour Q colors when inking up my new set. And think this turned out quite cute. I'm telling myself I need to make a few more and ACTUALLY MAIL them to my nieces and nephews - but I tend to do far more idea generating than I do idea implementing. (Insert emoticon of shame here). I know I have a busy week this week and won't be home near as much as usual, so I'm not going to hold my breath. But it's still early and I can bask in my optimism for one more day.

 
 
 
Here is my card:
 
 
I am using CTMH colors of Tulip and Blush and Distress Ink's Worn Lipstick (don't ask). I added sequins from Lawn Fawns's Peace Joy Love collection (GREAT red in there. They were out on my desk and a great match. LOVE when that happens!)  The base is Blush cardstock embossed with my PTI Canvas & Linen impression plate. The sentiment is from Avery Elle's Laurels stamp set. (another font nerd addition - just look at that script)
 
 
Thanks for stopping by to visit!
 
God Bless,
Mandy
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. What a fun graphic card! I love your design! Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, perfect use of the colours, thanks for joining us at ColourQ, hugs, Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this offset design. Fun and modern!!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts