Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Friday Mashup #89

Merry Christmas from wet and chilly TN! We are seeing a "wintry mix" today and my kids are so excited that they have seen a snowflake or two. :) Never mind it's 40 degrees and it will never stick - they are excited to see it.

I took a break from organizing my room last night to make a card and have a little "down time". The Friday Mashup challenge this week is to use heat embossing on a clean and simple card.

So here is the "Mashup" Challenge:
  1. Make a project using" Heat Embossing".
  2. Or Make a project that has a "Clean And Simple Layout".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a "CAS project using Heat Embossing".
 
 
I went way outside my "comfort zone" and made a Valentine's type card. (They are not my favorite.) But I really liked how this one turned out.
 
 
I heat embossed the black stripes on the side using my "It's Your Day" CTMH stamp set. The "love u" bubble is from my new Artiste cartridge set (chipboard bubble and coordinating stamp set). The heart is also from the "It's Your Day" set. Added a little red twine and silver pearls from Doodlebug Designs and I was finished! I love clean and simple! I don't always make this style, but it is definitely one of my favorites.
 
Hope everyone has had a wonderful holiday season and thoroughly enjoyed their Christmas festivities! Thanks for visiting. 
 
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I just LOVE this card! The embossed black strips, the cute little word bubbles, the sweet twine... This is just wonderful :) Thanks for sharing with us at The Friday Mashup this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Love the border stamp and the little pearls. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts