Wednesday, January 4, 2012

CR84FN45 - Color Challenge

Hello there~

My first post since the Christmas card marathon. :) I enjoyed making them; I am already looking forward to Christmas Challenges again next year! I almost didn't know how to function with this color challenge - (not being red and green).




I gave this one some thought and came up with an idea last night before I fell asleep. It was hard to wait all day to play around with it. I even started before the kids were in bed tonight! :)

Here is my card using this yummy yellow damask-patterned paper from October Afternoon (part of my "Use My Stash" self-help program) and one of my favorite stamp sets "Unscripted" by CTMH. The sentiment is from PaperTrey Ink.


I used Goldrush (2nd generation, then Rock N Roll inking methods) ink for the dandelions; 2nd generation Desert Sand for the stems; Dutch Blue for the sentiment; and Desert Sand is sponged on the edges of the white panel and the yellow background piece. All ink, the pearl opagues, and  the natural colored twill is from CTMH.

This card measures 5x5. I was feeling wild and wooly tonight! -- I cut that 8.5 x 11 cardstock right up - knowing I couldn't get another card base out of it! ; ) I'm turning over a new leaf! (We'll see how long it lasts.)
Be sure to check out the challenge and related artwork over at CR84FN. Thanks for looking and have a great rest of the week. Pin It

5 comments:

  1. So pretty Mandy! Love the beautiful blossoms! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is so pretty! I love the backing paper and pretty flowers, the pop of blue is just perfect! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mandy, LOVE your self help program - one I am trying myself! Your background paper is beautiful and it really shows off those GORGEOUS stamped dandelions! Such a PRETTY card! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful, Mandy. Such vibrant colors used in a gentle and serene way. I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts