Sunday, September 11, 2011

Moxie Fab World - Vertical Sketch Challenge

Well, I'm shooting for three tonight. It HAS to be a record. I'll save more of the fun for later this week to post a couple of others. But, at least, I'm back on the horse! I'm quite proud of myself. (And, this way Gina knows I'm not just telling her I'm crafting, she can see I really am. :)   )

The vertical challenge was different looking for me. I'm not a big "triangle" person, so the penants that have become so popular gave me some visual cringes for a while (I love them now) and this sketch made my left eye twitch - but only for a moment! I promise. It's a good sketch! The beauty part of sketches and crafting is you can make it whatever works for you. Sketches are my favorite thing. I love to see one drawing and all the different variations made of it. Everyone sees something different. It makes things interesting and fun.

Hopefully, I didn't take it TOO far with the "creativity", but I did get it to work for me. So that's the whole point, right?   :)   



I didn't even make it vertical. Ooops. It's going to have a gift card in it, so I had to turn it around for functionality.

I loved how "masculine" it turned out. I made it for a co-worker of my husband's and I'm relying on HIM to deliver it, so I know it had to meet with his approval or he wouldn't do it if it seemed "all womanly"...... Because ACTUALLY THANKING someone and giving them a token of your appreciation is too girly for him anyway! I was thinking I would literally have to walk out ON the production floor to deliver this one MYSELF!  .... BUT, when the Big Boy saw it, he said "Oh, that's cool."     PHEW! Dodged a bullet there. He's actually going to follow instructions (I THINK). :)

The trees are Cocoa embossing on chocolate cardstock. I've seen some of that monochromatic embossing in my recent card magazines and wanted to try it. I thought it would lend to the masculinity.

Don't forget to peep at the other crafty goodies available for inspired viewing in this Moxie challenge. TFL and for bearing with THREE long-winded posts! Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Hey Mandy! Thanks for linking this up to the Vertical Sketch Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE reading your posts! To thank you for your inspirational creations I left you a blog award on my blog! You can find it at http://gmbscrapper.blogspot.com/2011/09/blog-award.html

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts