Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Playing in my Craft Space

Well hello!

I'm trying to sit down and decompress after a morning of running The Piglets around to activities and running errands. Phew. It frazzles me a little bit. Especially when they are both back in the car together and start arguing AND/OR a quick run into the grocery and they ask for tons of junk. Ugh. Calgon take me away!

I made a couple of cards Sunday afternoon and hung out in my office pretty much the whole afternoon. I just wasn't feeling all that great and doing my best to resist a nap, knowing it would keep me up all night! :)

First I wanted to give some of my Paper Smooches goodies some much needed love. I've missed them so. ;)~

For the "Layers" challenge over on the PS blog, I was inspired to make this card with about 2,000 die cut roses stacked and glued together for dimension. :D









 
 
 
I used the Single Rose die and black cardstock to create the layers and pop up my polka dotted roses for dimension. The polka stripe on the side of my card (My Mind's Eye) is the same paper I used to die cut each rose layered over the top. In reality, I think I have 3-4 layers of black cardstock under each one. I then sponged Worn Lipstick Distress Ink over a Hero Arts chevron stencil and then sponged Spun Sugar Distress Ink over that. I stamped the sentiment from PS's Spiritual Sampler, then added some twine and sequins to finish it off. (Tip: I cut a small slit in the top fold of my card to thread the twine through and have it going the direction I wanted.)
 
 
My next card I wanted to play around with some of my MFT goodies that I've bought and not broke in just yet. The Blueprint 27 (large scallop rectangle) and Typewriter Text background has been well loved already, but not the rainbow stamp and die set. I didn't actually use the rainbow die like I had originally planned, but went with something simpler and more CAS. I used the Wonky Windows dies to cut my shaker window and stamped the sentiment on the card base. The Rainbow text is die cut out of white cardstock I colored up with PrismaColor Pencils before cutting. I used a kraft knife to cut a few slits in my card to thread my ribbon through to match the sketch in this current Sketch Challenge. I combined the inspiration of the Text challenge over at Inkspirational Challenge #110
 
 
 
 
 
My ribbon and cardstock are all PaperTrey Ink (Soft stone, Kraft, and Vintage White). I stamped the text in Latte dye ink from MFT. I love that combination Kraft on Kraft combination for backgrounds. 8-)
 
 
Well thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you can come visit again soon! :) It's off for more laundry, housework, and a quick workout! (When I really want a nap. Ha!) ;)
 
God Bless,
Mandy
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Both cards are gorgeous! Beautiful attention to detail. Thank you for joining in at Inkspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOLLY GOODNESS GOSH!!! To say these cards are remarkable and so phenomenal is a HUGE understatement - they are spectacular;y done and just so lovely and sweet and gorgeous and I am definitely gushing over these!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! I love the die cut border and the faded stenciling. Amazing work!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts