Saturday, March 9, 2013

Merry Monday #52

Last post for the afternoon, then I'll have to find myself another means of entertainment while hanging out with Adorable Son (sick, see previous post! :) )

I was a few weeks behind playing with a Merry Monday challenge and wanted to participate. I've learned in my albeit, short, but productive card-making career that Christmas cards are probably my favorite to make. So I was quite jazzed to stumble upon Merry Monday.

This color combination is the challenge for this week:




I stamped the chevron background with Cranberry ink on Vintage Cream cardstock (PaperTrey Ink). I then added a rectangle panel of Ponderosa Pine (I think-- it's OLD!)  The sentiment is from Think Big Favorite's #8 Mini Stamp set (also PaperTrey Ink), heat embossed in White Daisy. I stamped the swirl in New England Ivy (I'm sure about this one.) and then added my paper poinsettia. (I've got a sweet little stash of those hoarded in my crafty space.) This panel is all ontop of some wood plank paper salvaged from the remnants of my old Moon Doggie paper kit! That takes you back, doesn't it?

A fun little card!

Thanks for stopping by to take a peek! Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Love that big sentiment, Mandy and the pretty poinsettia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Love the big Chevron pattern mixed with that sentiment. So glad you found us at Merry Monday and hope to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice card Mandy, great choice in papers and that sentiment is fabulous. Thank you for joining us this week for Merry Monday

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot all about Moon Doogie having woodgrain paper...I thought it was from Dakota! Cute card! Great job using up the stash! Thanks for playing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many such a pretty card, I always love that sentiment. Thank you so much for playing with us at Merry Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts