Thursday, November 8, 2012

Dynamic Duos #27

Good afternoon.

I'm splurging with my time management today and posting mid-day! An activity usually reserved for night-time when I have energy levels that don't get me very far.

I played with Dynamic Duos this week because I had this (what-I-thought-was-a) great idea for the colors and one of my favorite floral stamps from CTMH, Trellis. It turned out pretty, but for some reason, just not exactly what I pictured.





 
 
 
I cut a window out of my card base using my Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge. I stamped the rose and sentiment on the inside of the card. Then, stamped the rose and leaves on scrap paper, trimmed, and adhered to the card front, lining up the rose so that it was over the stamped image peeking through the window from the inside of the card. I lined it up so well, you can't even tell there is an inside image in my picture. :) (FOR ONCE, I line something up perfectly. Whatever.)
 
I broke open a tube of  Colonial White ribbon and used it to give more dimension to my card. (In reality it seemed much plainer than I had imagined.) Those are mocha pearls in a light tan in the center of my rose.
 
Thanks for stopping by. Hope you are having a great week! 
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I don't think anything I ever create looks the way I intended!, so you're not alone. I adore this card, so simple yet beautiful with that flower and ribbon. Thanks for playing with us at Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very pretty! I like the clean and simpleness of it all. Nice addition of that beautiful ribbon and those pearls in the center add the perfect touch! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. An absolutely gorgeous holiday card, Mandy! I love the clean design, the gorgeous bow and the pretty pearl accents. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos! :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts