Monday, November 21, 2011

PPA120 - Holiday Wishes

Happy Thanksgiving week!

This means a little extra time off work for me which is a good time for me to start all my "gifts". My most time-sensitive project is a set of Christmas cards I want to make for a close family friend.

Last weekend, my mom and her best friend spent the day in our area Christmas shopping and then spent the night with my family (since they live 3 hrs away). As a "Thank You", 'Grandma Glenda' bought me a stack of Christmas paper for my craft room. I think she felt sorry for me - not having very many supplies and all. Anyway - after a heated debate in which I repeatedly contended she did not need to buy me anything (!!! puh-leeze!), I decided to make her a set of Christmas cards with the paper she bought! Ha! I will get the last word after all! :)   I have made her cards before as a Thank You when her and Mom babysat and so on. She always loves them; so I am happy to make her some.

I decided to use the Pals Paper Arts sketch this week to add to her set. I LOVED how this one turned out.

I used the Recollections paper (Michael's) and "Close to my Heart"-ed it up. (That's a new word, I've coined, by the way.)

Here is the sketch:

Sketch

And here is my card:



Here is the recipe --
Patterned Paper: Recollections "Naughty or Nice" paper stack
Gold Ribbon: Celebrate It! Michael's
Solid Cardstock: Bazzil
Glitter Rubons: Close to my Heart
Sentiment Stamp: Close to my Heart, "Holiday Wishes" stamp set (yes, that so happens to be the name of the set AND the phrase I stamped. That looks confusing!)
Colonial White cardstock: Close to my Heart
'Twilight' colored ink and matching "bling" Close to my Heart

Hope you like it! Thanks for looking! Have a great  Thanksgiving Holiday and be safe. Pin It

2 comments:

  1. In my grandmother's words.... "OOO LA LA!" Very pretty! She'll love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Thanks for playing along at Pals Paper Arts! :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts