Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Play Date Cafe - Early Christmas Gift

I am excited!

I have in my possession a GREAT photo of my Dad and Uncle from when they were boys. It belonged to my Grandmother and I have wanted to do something special with it for years. However, anytime I tried to PhotoShop it, my efforts weren't met with much success. I tried it again this week and finally came up with something that worked!

Once I started planning my layout, I realized the scheme I wanted matched up perfectly with the Play Date Cafe challenge this week.

I made two copies of my little framed layout - one for my Dad and one for my Uncle. We go to his (my Uncle's) house each year for Thanksgiving, so I wanted to have the copies ready this time to surprise them. I can't wait to give it to them! :)


Here are the Play Date Challenge colors....




And here is my framed "surprise"....


Apologies for the picture quality; it's not the best.

For the recipe; all products used are Close to my Heart unless otherwise noted.

Striped paper - Sarsasparilla paper kit (retired); Patterned Paper - Passages paper kit (retired); large photo clip from Passages coordinating elements (retired); Mileposts Shapes (seen here); "Live Inspired" stamp set (seen here) (eagle - top right corner, dial - bottom left corner, and postage stamps on kraft Milepost Shape tag); Chocolate waxy flax; Buttons Basic Assortment; natrual twill ribbon; ribbon slide is Hodgepodge Hardware from Stampin' Up!

Thanks for looking! Hope you are having a great Turkey Day Week so far. Travel safely and enjoy your family time! Pin It

3 comments:

  1. What a truly special, personalized gift for your dad and uncle! And our challenge colors look great for this vintage piece, too.

    Thank you SO much for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe! Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful way to keepsake that photo - you've really spotlighted the vintage feel of it. Thank you so much for joining us this week at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts