Thursday, February 10, 2011

H2H - Stamp Kissing

This weeks H2H challenge is "Stamp Kissing". I rarely (ok,ok -never) use this technique and I should b/c the possibilties are so many. My 6-yr old flipped over it and started doing it herself. Another reason to scrap -- quality time with my girl!

This card is from my own sketch I put to paper the night before I made my card.
A strip of paper from the Emporium Level 2 paper packet, the Sarsasparilla Level 2 paper packet, and a strip from blah-blah-blah. (I had to - it matched so well!)
I used the "Rustic Alphabet" stamp, inked in Indian Corn Blue - 2nd generation - Rock N Rolled edges, and then stamp kissed the star from the "July Word Puzzle" in Outdoor Denim ink. I then cut out the letters and layered them over the original stamped letters (to get to the 2nd generation) using foam squares. (This was Avery's idea -- I was so proud! I got the good out of my original stampings -- we've been going green in this househould.) :)
"Birthday" is stamped in Indian Corn Blue using the "Spunky Alphabet" (retired). The stars are dimensional elements sponged in Outdoor Denim ink, as well.


Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Great job, it's fun when you have a helper isn't it? Thanks for joining our challenge at H2H this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! I love the stars kissed onto the letters. "Boy" cards are always hard for me to make. You did a great job with yours! Thanks for sharing with us at H2H! *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun birthday card! Great job with the kissing technique, too. Thanks for playing along with us at H2H this week :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mandy!
    Super cool card! Thanks for sharing it with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts