Saturday, May 11, 2013

Freshly Made Sketch #85

Good morning!

We are hoping to dry off here in TN. We've had rain, rain and more rain. It's good for the grass, but egads. Enough already. We have yet to be able to plant our garden. But it looks like Mr. Golden Sun is about to come out to play. Yay!

I'm going to pop in a do several quick posts and get back to work. The windows are up, I can hear my kiddos playing outside, and the kitty cats are keeping me company. A perfect morning!

This week, I made a set of cards at my sisters request  for her to gift to her mother-in-law. She fell in love with my new Chicken Wire Embossing Folder from Cuttlebug. (As did I. But what's new? I love everything.) And that folder, in conjunction with my PTI "On the Farm" stamp set and CTMH "Country-Born" stamp set, just put her into a tailspin. (Her in-laws are life-long farmers coming from a long line of farmers.)

The first one I made for her using the Freshly Made Sketch inspiration.


Here is my card using the elements I mentioned: 


CTMH colors used are Honey, Topiary, and Chocholate. Kraft cardstock and jute button twine from PTI . After embossing the cardstock with the chicken wire, I gently swiped the chocolate ink pad against the raised surfaces to give it more definition. (I had done this on a previous card that sister and the M-I-L used for a baby shower and they loved it.)

Thanks for stopping by to visit! 

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Oh.My.Gosh. I love this card! And I really love that embossed chicken wire! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts