Monday, December 12, 2011

Moxie Fab: Get Inspired In the Kitchen Challenge

hello -- two posts in one evening! I know!

But I have to stay up just a little later. The hubby was watching the Stephen King movie "Bag of Bones" and I couldn't resist peeking a few times and hanging out in front of the TV for a few moments. It was quite engaging, but, OF COURSE, I am traumatized. I have watched an episode of a favorite sitcom while blogging to replace the trauma with better thoughts. :)  

The "Get Inspired" Challenges over at the MoxieFabWorld are interesting. I love trying something new. And, this time, I'm really pleased. I started with the Kitchen challenge which hinges off of this inspiring photo.



The pattern on the plate reminded me of some paper I have in my stash that my sister bought me. The K&Company Amy Butler paper pack has a piece with this exact same pattern. I have always liked it, but struggled with how to use it on my projects. Even as I started this card, I had a hard time figuring how to get it in. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE patterned paper and want to get better at working it into my cards!

The solid looking background piece behind the focal patterned paper is from the Felicity paper kit (CTMH). The brown patterned piece is from the Topstitch paper kit.


I stamped the rose from the Trellis stamp set (CTMH) twice, once the outline in Smoothie colored ink and the fill-in with Sorbet colored ink. The leaves are second-generation Olive ink. The sentiment is from the Sympathy Card Chatter stamp set (also CTMH) in Chocolate ink. Colonial White fibers wrapped around the patterned paper and the Colonial White Opaque gems finish it off   (they are my favorite addition!) 

Thanks for looking and have a great week!
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I love your pearls in the center of the flower. Your paper is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mandy! Thanks for linking this up to the Get Inspired in the Kitchen Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts