Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Colorful Cards are so fun

Hello!

I hope everyone is feeling blessed and enjoying the beginnings of Fall stirring around them. I sit with my windows open now, listening to the trees sway in the breeze. I just love it. (It makes for great napping noise, too, when one wants to sit in the shade on the back porch and kick back. Just sayin'.)

I made a couple of cards yesterday that I wanted to share. I'm finally getting back in my groove and trying to craft some every day or, at least, every other day. It really helps my mood if I can keep it more consistent. =)

I wanted to make another for MFT's Card Design SuperStar Challenge:

Card Design Superstar
 
 
 
I used my Polka Dot cover up to cut the rainbow colors from scrap cardstock. I laid a die cut panel down with temporary adhesive to help guide the placement of my circles. It easily pulled away when I was finished. I then took the dotted panel and embossed it with a Clouds die cut (Darice) to go with the rainbow theme. My sentiment is white heat embossed on black scrap cardstock from the Totally Happy stamp set. I added very few iridescent white sequins to finish it off.
 
 
I'm also playing along with the NBUS challenge #5 - b/c I've left that clouds embossing folder sit in it's resting place for far too long! I was proud of finding a way to put it to good use.
 
 
 
 
I lurve how my next card turned out! Nothing super special, just fun to make. I used my Zig Real Brush Clean Color pens and used them more as a watercolor medium by scribbling each color on an acrylic block and applying it to the paper with a waterbrush.
 
 
The Pure Innocence Sunny Thoughts is stamped in Black VersaFine ink and clear embossed on water color paper. After coloring and allowing to fully dry, I die cut the panel using my Double Stitched Rectangle STAX die. The sentiment was masked, white heat embossed, and trimmed down on black cardstock strips. I added a couple of PPP sequins and that was it! Super simple.
 
 
 
This card was inspired by the current CASology Cue Card: Umbrella challenge.
 
I am also playing along with Addicted To Stamps Make Your Mark challenge.
 
GRAB OUR BADGE!

 
 
 
Hope you liked my cards! Thanks SO much for stopping by to visit! Please do so again soon. =)
 
 
God Bless,
Mandy
 
 
 
Colossians 3:2   NKJV  (New King James Version)

      Set you mid on things above, not on things on the earth.


Pin It

11 comments:

  1. Oh Mandy!!!! I LOVE POLKA DOTS IN A RAINBOW!!! eeek! ok. I'm shouting. Super fun though! :) (and I too love that breezy sound ;) ) So happy to see you entered the MFT Superstar contest! weeee! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of your cards are wonderful. I really love how you colored that darling girl in her rain gear. thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What awesome, cool and super genius card these are!!! Love the polka dot rainbow that made me smile so big and even bigger when I looked closer and saw that the embossing was clouds - so amazing!! Love your little girl with her umbrella - the watercoloring looks great and I really like the visual impact of the sentiment!!! So glad to see you on here on a regular basis - you always inspire me and make me SMILE!!! Hope life is putting a SMILE on your face!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look how you ROLL! I love the textured design on your rainbow card, Mandy. It truly is lovely in every way! Good luck on the Super Star Challenge ( thought you already ARE!!). The 2nd card is delightful! Love the contrast of watercolors and sentiment! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Die Crazy” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet image of the little girl and your w/colouring contrasts so well with the sharp edges of the die cut and sentiment strips.
    Thanks for making your mark at ATSM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mandy your dots are cute as can be and I love your technique! Your CASology umbrella is coloured so fabulously--well done. Thank you for sharing at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two very different cards. I love your funky bright dots with the clouds. And your colouring on the second card is great, I love the wash of blue. And that double stitched frame is now added to my wishlist.
    Thanks for sharing at ATSM this week, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are great cards! I super love those rainbow dots! Thanks so much for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Happy Place card is SO well done, Mandy! Definitely one of my favorites from the contest!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts