Saturday, February 28, 2015

Spring-y Cards for a Spring-y Day!

Hello!

Yay!!! We have spring like temps (FINALLY) in Middle TN. Celebrate. Of course, I still had to make my kids get off their electronic devices and go outside but they are out there now being children, so I'm going to pretend like it was their idea. (When it's a little warmer, I probably won't have to force them out. I'm going to pretend that, too, for now.)

I got up early this morning and got several "chores" taken care of early so I had no qualms about taking a crafty break and making a couple of cards. It was spectacular. Ha. 8-) One I needed for a friend who's not well and the other was just for fun. (Which most of mine are. I'm bad about making them and then not sending them. I never have the ones I need (Sympathy or get well, etc) and I'm looking at the stacks and stacks of cards I have asking myself, "What AM I making???". LOL.

Here's my first one -- playing around with Paper Smooches again. :)

 
 
I based my design off the sketch from the SPARKS challenge blog:
 
 
I also used inspiration from Addicted to CAS challenge - Distress and scissor distressed and sponge inked the accent panel after embossing the Blossoming Buds in white over the CTMH patterned paper. I added banners using MME Be Happy 6x6 pad and MFT's Jumbo Stitched Fishtail Banner dies (LOVE!!!). The sentiment is from the PS Spiritual Sampler stamp set.
 
 
 
 
 






My next card is super springy -- great spring colors. It make-uh me SO happy! I used patterned papers from CTMH's Brushed paper pack and MFT dies and stamps.


 
 
My design is inspired by the current MFT Sketch challenge:
 
 
 
I die cut the little paper strips using the small strip die found in Blueprints 22 and then die cut the banner using the Jumbo Stitched Fishtail Banners. I cut a yellow panel using Blueprints 13 (also from Brushed paper pack) and layered a white panel over that trimmed to fit within the stitched border. It is actually embossed with my MFT Diagonal Stripes Stencil (Have I mentioned how much I love this???) and it's my first attempt embossing with a stencil. You can BARELY see the impression in person but it does look pretty cool being so subtle. Sadly, it's so subtle Mr. IPhone Camera said, "No ma'am." I hope to try it again and get better results -- I monkeyed around with my sandwich several times but still didn't get optimal results. I'll have to try again. (In my free time.) The sentiment is stamped from the Donuts & Sprinkles stamp set.
 
 
I am also playing along with this card and CASual Friday's Springtime Melody challenge (inspired me to pick this paper pack! I bought it soley because of the happy spring colors.), Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, Anything Goes, and Heart 2 Heart Challenge, LOVE the CTMH way. (my fave CTMH products are the paper packs. I tend to buy them and hoard them, too "scared" to cut up the beautiful paper. Yikes!)
 
 
 
That's it for today! Thanks so much for stopping by to visit! Hope you are feeling the positive spring vibes I am sending your way. :)
 
God Bless,
Mandy
 
 
Hebrews 12:1                     New International Version (NIV)
    Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us,
Pin It

18 comments:

  1. Love the white against the distressed wood -- looks awesome! Thanks for joining in at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your take one the sketch using the brushed papers. Thanks for sharing with us at Heart 2 Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are acing these challenge! Love your first card! The white-embossing looks fabulous on the pattern paper! And I love the Spring colors on your 2nd! You are creating some BEAUTIES, Mandy! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you used white ink to stamp the beautiful flowers on the wood panel, they really lend themselves to that technique :0) Such a pretty card.
    Thanks for joining in the challenge at PS Sparks this week :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! I love the strips of paper within the banner thingy, so cute! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenge!

    Brandi R
    H2H DT member
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun card! Thanks so much for joining us at the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Positive Spring vibes definitely caught - you are a ray of sunshine and oh, how I love seeing your creations - I think you are such a pro!! Every product you use seems to get added to my WANT THIS list!! You are an inspirational stamper and you did such a fun, spring-y, happy job on these cards!! I know what you mean about hoarding paper - I am always afraid to use my favorites too!! Hope you are having a delightful weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am the same way -- I don't want to cut into the pretty paper. But thanks to Heart 2 Heart Challenges Design Team "forcing" me to make things, I'm getting it done! :) I didn't know there were dies that would cut strips! I just do it by hand and I am never "steady" enough. Thanks for the info and for inspiring us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous cards! I love how you used your scissors to distress your paper. wonderful design! Thanks so much for playing along in my Distress Challenge at ATCAS xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful card with such sweet colours. Thanks for joining the fun this month @ CAS-ual Fridays :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous cards Mandy! I love the different strips of patterned paper they look so pretty.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really love this take on the sketch, love how you used it for the smaller fishtail banner element, so sweet! thanks for playing along at MFT!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just lovely, Mandy! And did you see the blog today? ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a nice card. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super sweet cards! I like the white on wood grain :) Thank you for sharing with ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card!! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Friday´s challenge.
    Hugs
    Archana

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great CAS card! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely design. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays! Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts