Monday, June 17, 2013

Play Date #186 - Black & White + Splash

Hi there....Yes, it's still late, but I'm up - might as well put one more post up. This card is my "most favorite" (I'm too tired to edit my own grammar!) one I've made in a while. I really just played while I was making it and it turned out to be fun.

For this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge, the colors are Black and White with a splash of Nectarine. I translated that to CTMH's Smoothie. (Because I have to do that to visualize properly. The whole world can be translated to a CTMH color palette in my head or in, my fellow crafter, Gina's head. We wave that nerd flag proudly!)



Here is my card using Black, White, and Smoothie and featuring my new CTMH stamp set, "Sightseer". I'm using it on everything these days!




The camera and "oh, snap!" sentiment are from "Sightseer". I've added "Bubble Wrap" embossing on part of the card base from a Tim Holtz embossing folder, sponged black ink over the embossing for visual effect, and stamped random black paint splatters (from "Grunge" Skipping Stones Design). The label was die cut using my CTMH Art Philosophy catridge and I lightly stamped the chevrons from my TAWS "Background Basics" stamp set. Finished it all off with some black striped washi tape and Smoothie colored banners. The bottom sentiment "I didn't forget your birthday" is from CTMH "Card Chatter - Birthday". The inside reads ..."I'm just extending the celebration!" It's not a matter of if, but when I will need a belated card. Kind of ironic to make one ahead of time, I guess, but I have THAT much faith in myself.

Thanks for stopping by to visit! Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE what you are doing with this set! Inspires me to get mine out and use it! (need to get my priority list done first!). Love your card - from your fellow 'nerdy'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super duper cute! Love your stamping and use of sentiments! Thank you for playing along with The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts