Monday, December 5, 2011

Friday Mashup #35 - Winter Theme

Hello --

I am excited to have knocked out another Christmas gift!

I wanted to make a small framed piece of artwork for a family friend for Christmas using the "Everlasting Life" stamp set I recently purchased from CTMH.

Last night, I decided to just go for it.  I had the BoBunny "Midnight Frost" paper kit laying on my desk (ALSO FROM LAST YEAR) -- by the way, I think all I did last Christmas break was buy paper. ... Anyway, it finally came together in my head. I knew I wanted to use the stamp set for a displayed verse, but I was completely unsure of color/theme/and paper. (The best part!)

The Friday Mashup challenge this week involves making a "Winter Theme" project. If you are familiar at all with this paper kit from BoBunny, it screams winter. (And, beautifully so, I might add.)



Here is my project for this theme:


I used two different pieces of the BoBunny paper (Both the background navy piece and the vertical accent piece with snowflakes). I inked the edges with CTMH White Daisy pigment ink; stamped the verse in Outdoor Denim (CTMH) and stamped the snowflakes from the December Word Puzzle stamp set (CTMH - Retired) using second generation Crystal Blue and Rock N Rolled Crystal Blue for the smaller flakes). The chipboard snowflake stickers are from the BoBunny coordinating layered chipboard set and the sticker photo corners are from the coorndating 12x12 sticker sheet. Blue fibers are Ardonaments (as old as my son is, I promise!) and the white waxy flax and pewter photo clips are CTMH.

Thanks for looking! Don't forget to check out the fabulous entries over at Friday Mashup. Have a great week. Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love the fibers - even if they are old!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just lovely, I'm sure your family friend will love it.

    Thanks for sharing it with our challenge.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz
    Friday Mashup DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has winter all over it for sure great winter project. I really like the ribbons you used and the color combo. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great for the winter portion of the Friday Mashup challenge! Love those papers!

    Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous gift! Someone on your Christmas list is lucky! :) Lovely mix of designer paper and fibers! Thanks for joining The Friday Mashup this week!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts