Saturday, November 22, 2014

Christmas Card Time! --- Joy To The World

Happy Weekend!

I, for one, am shocked at how fast the day is flying by! As always. We have a rare weekend with all 4 of us at home and sometimes we don't even know what to do with ourselves. :) I think the kids and Big Daddy are going to start the Christmas Decorating outside work. We have a nice warm day and he's off work, so get it going! They absolutely love it, of course. So they are excited. I might have to be nice and help but I usually don't! ha! Not my territory! They have a thing going and I don't want to mess it up. ; )

I'm sharing a card I made yesterday with inspiration from all the Christmas themes and the sketch over at the Fusion Challenge.

I also love this inspiration photo from over at Just Us Girls Challenge:

 
Here is my card using PTI's O' Tannenbaum and the inspiration that abounds for us right now during this, the most wonderful time of the year. Ha!   8-)  Nerd smiley!
 

 
 
I stamped the tree and all it's trimmings using my O' Tannenbaum set then punched a circle in lightweight cardstock big enough to fit around the tree. I then tacked it down with temporary adhesive and sponged around the circle working from outside to inside to create the "faded" focal circle. I used Whisper CTMH ink (a good light gray). I then layered a trimmed down piece of CTMH Silver Shimmer Trim (it's original thickness cover up too much of my pretty tree!). Then die cut a star from my Silhouette before stamping 'Joy' on it and adhering it over a scrap piece of burlap paper that was laying on my desk. (It needed a little something.) I stamped "to the world" from my Wet Paint Holiday set, also from PTI. Everything is layered onto a Simply Chartreuse card base, the same colors used to stamp the tree and make the star - tie it all together. 8-)
 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by to visit!
 
God Bless,
Mandy

















Pin It

11 comments:

  1. Super fun tree and card layout - Thanks for joining in at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clean, simple and fabulous! I love the sparkle ribbon! I adore how you used the sketch and the colors. Thank you so much for sharing your marvelous inspiration with us this week at 4 Crafty Chicks Sparkle Challenge.

    Tamie DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Love your interpretation of the sketch and photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card! Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - talk about taking my breath away!! This is incredible, beautiful and just all around gorgeous!! Such a lovely design and I love the ribbon and the sequins and the way the fonts are different on the sentiment!!! All just stacks up to make a really great card!! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card! what great sponging around the tree and the pretty sparkly strip - thanks so much for joining us in the Fusion Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty Mandy! I love the way you framed that beautiful tree! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have just got to do some of these cards with the inked circle to focus the image! I love your card inspired by the photo!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, Mandy!
    Just plain beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. great job with the design! I love that tree! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfection for the JUGS challenge, LOVELY!!! --LOVE it for FUSION too!!

    Thanks for joining us at FUSION, such an amazing card and I sure hope you join us again, it is a true pleasure to drop by!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts