Friday, July 4, 2014

Paper Smooches Anything Goes Week

Hello!

I'm popping in this morning in between slices of French Toast frying in the skillet! If you've read some of my other posts this week, you know the kids are home, of course, and Big Daddy is home on summer shutdown and I have been BUSY. Little to no free time. (He took them to a movie yesterday and I was too tired to do anything! HA!!! Oh the irony.)

I made a card earlier this week (the days are all a blur) and did some FUN paper piecing with the kitty cat (I'm a huge cat lover) from my  Paper Smooches Party Posse stamp set. It's "Anything Goes" week over at the SPARKS blog and I wanted to play along with a birthday card. I'm running a little low in my personal stash.



Here she is:

 
I stamped her several times using White PTI cardstock (eyes and ball on the hat) and on patterned paper from Teresa Collins 6x6 Summer Stories pad. It has some great soft pinks in it. Her body is pink polka dots, her ears and eyelids are a pink damask, and her hat is a yellow damask. I found it was easiest to stamp that teeny, tiny hat on white cardstock and then layer the colored part of the hat on top of the white piece. It was much sturdier! I finished by adding a little bling on her collar because a kitty that pretty needs a little frosting. LOL.
 
I did pull out my SN markers for her blue eyes and to ground her with a little gray shadow or ground underneath. Once she was all complete and glued down, I outlined her in a very light gray SN marker to highlight her and make her pop a little more.
 
Super fun. Took a little longer than a typical CAS card that looks like this, but it was quite relaxing and therapeutic! =)
 
Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you like her!
 
God Bless,
Mandy
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Wow - you are the paper piecing queen!! Such little details and you did them so well! Such a great card and I love that it is one layer so it can be easily mailed!! Just way too cute - you rocked this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your paper pieced kitty! Too cute! And I really like your combined sentiment.


    Thanks for joining us this week at Paper Smooches Sparks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - the paper pieced kitty is perfection! Fantastic CAS card.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts