Monday, August 19, 2013

One Layer - Clean & Simple!



I'm all about "clean and simple" cards these days. And, I really love doing only one layer -- even though it feels like cheating. :) I think to myself, "That's a piece of paper folded, with a couple of things stamped on it. ? What's the big deal?" ... BUT it can look so neat! And, it's the most fun.

CASual Friday's challenge this week is to use aqua, green, and orange colors. Paper Players is to make a card using one layer.
cfc112

AND, I liked the sketch at CAS(E) This Sketch



I used my new PTI Live Love Life stamp set (You can do all SORTS of one layer cards with these fun images. I like to just monkey around and play with this set.) and CTMH colors of Lagoon, Juniper,and Sunset. I dropped a few enamel dots on it all and called it a day. The sentiment is from PTI's Bigger BLooms set. (I'm a fan of that scripted font.)


See? Nothing to it. It really does feel like cheating. 

Thank you for stopping by to visit! 

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Love your take on the sketch, Mandy! The enamel dots are the perfect finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not cheating when it's this gorgeous! Love the colors, love the layout and the enamel dots are PERFECT! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this, Mandy! You did a great job with the layout, which is perfect for a OLC. I like the enamel dots, too. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, Mandy! A real stand out in the gallery. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love everything about this one, Mandy! Fabulous color combo and a fun design. wow! Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts