Saturday, March 7, 2015

Masculine Thinking of You and Donut Fun

GAACK! I've been slacking this week. I'm struggling. My mojo has shut down. Some of it is circumstances: Kids had TWO more snow days this week - and I was in Mommy mode instead of create mode. I'm not always into coming up here and playing when they are home; I feel like I am neglecting them. So I tend to putter around downstairs doing housework and, honestly, just being around. They really are not interested in where I am or what I'm doing. Ha! Anyway -- long story short, I've not created much and when I've been determined to come up and do it no matter what, I'm not cranking anything out that I'm happy with! Yikes. Hate when that happens, but good news is I have enough experience with it to know it will pass.

So, I did manage to make one card. It's "okay". It took me more than one passes/sessions up here to finish it, but I did finally get it. :)

I really wanted to play along with MFT's Color Challenge #16:





I used my Donuts and Sprinkles stamp set:




 
 
I used the sprinkles stamp to make the little rainbow of colors using CTMH's Sunny Yellow, Gypsy, and Pear. I die cut the green vellum panel using MFT's Stitched Speech Bubble Edges before stamping the sentiment and adhering over my accent panels. These pieces are all layered over a PTI Kraft card base. I put a layer of CTMH Liquid Glass over the die cut donut icing and spread it around using my finger to get the glazy look.
 
 
I decided to share a favorite of mine I made last year but never did share here. It's a great masculine Thinking of You card, which I'm guilty of rarely having handy. I NEED to have a marathon session to stock up on some of these!
 
 
I used CTMH's Seaside Greetings stamp set and patterned paper scraps I had laying around in my stash. The lighthouse is stamped in Desert Sand ink and the edges scissor distressed and sponged with ink to help aid the rustic, beachy feel.
 
 
I'm submitting this to Just Us Girl's "Masculine" Challenge for this week and Heart 2 Heart Challenge, "Opposites Attract" (the red and blue flags).
 
 
 
 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by to visit !
 
God Bless,
Mandy
 
 
James 3:16   New International Version (NIV)
        "For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice."

 
 
Pin It

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for your enthousiastc comment and great compliment on my cards!
    Love the donought card you made; the sentiment is so perfect and like the colours!
    But your masculine card is my favorite; such a serenity and beautiful in the monochrome colours!
    Hope you don't mind that I will pop in here some more...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am seeing donuts everywhere. Makes me hungry. I love the lighthouse card. Thanks for sharing with us at Heart 2 Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I want that donut stamp so bad, it is on my wish list for sure! I love the lighthouse card, I love the wood grain paper and the little banners are a great touch! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H)!

    Brandi R
    DT member H2H
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I sure wish I crafted as marvelously as you do when I lost my mojo!! The other day I tried to create and came up with two abysmal cards but I will probably post them anyway!! Your donut card is so amazing and so sprinkled with fun and yumminess!!! The lighthouse card made me have a thought about some manly cards I could make so thanks for the trigger!!! Amazing card - definitely masculine and cool!! Hope you have a lovely day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! I love the pop of color with the banners. They give it that extra nautical touch!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards! That nautical card looks so calm and inviting! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great masculine card! Thanks for joining us @ H2H!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts