Monday, March 3, 2014

Retro Sketches #104

Hello!

We are experiencing the jubilee of yet another "snow" day here. The kids cheered when we told them we received the coveted call while they were showering. It's so fun to hear their reactions. While the roads near us - that we can see - seem fine, the rural roads in the county tend to take longer to clear. That was always such a "gift" when we were kids. :) We figured it out quickly, too. We were in third grade and discussing the condition of "all the back roads" the buses would travel. Giggle. Well, that hasn't changed in the past 30 yrs!

So, no we can be in relaxed mode tonight, too. In pj's and ready for bed, but no rush! It is quite fun - even for me. While The Voice is on in the background and the kids are quietly watching in the den, I can actually take care of some online tasks. .... Like sharing a card!

I mentioned in my post earlier today, I got quality crafty time last night (b/c of the aforementioned Snow Day) and I played along with a few challenges.

I really liked this sketch over at Retro Sketches.


Here is my card using papers from Dear Lizzy's 5th and Frolic 6x6 pad (love this set of patterns and colors!) 


I used a piece of Soft Stone cardstock (PTI) for the card base and it's almost TOO close to the background color of that yummy rosie patterned paper. The Kraft tag I cut on my Silhouette. I believe it is a Lori Whitlock tag set and I created an internal offset and had that line perforate rather than cut, to create the "stitched" look around the inside of the tag. Additionally, I laid a circle stencil over the tag and traced the insides of the circles with a VersaMark pen and used a white embossing powder. The sentiment is stamped from PTI's Keep It Simple: Birthday mini stamp set. It was a last minute, throw in the cart kind of purchase (I was like $5? pffffttt. why not?) and now I've used it several times already. 

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit!

God Bless, 
Mandy

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts