Friday, November 22, 2013

Paper Smooches Cool Shades Challenge

I'm here with a quick post for a fun little card I recently made. I had fun experimenting with different elements and layering papers, which I don't usually do.

Here is the color story for this week's challenge over at Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge:



These colors were way happy and bright and made me think birthday!

Here is my card using the Party Posse stamp set. SO adorable. And, I'm a sucker for cats, soooo......

 
I tinkered with a couple of different paper pads. Don't be too impressed -- it's, literally, what was out on my desk! I layered it and monkeyed around until I liked how it looked. My favorite part is the sweet little kitty (did I mention I'm a cat person?) stamped on a scrap of denim! And, yes, I have a cut up pair of old blue jeans in my room. They were in such a sad state that I decided they were worth more to me cut up, than they were to anyone else whole.
 
 I stamped Miss Kitty in Black StazOn ink and embellished her little necklace and nose with teeny, tiny adhesive rhinestones. I stamped the birthday hat with more patterned paper, trimmed it and glued it over the denim. I used the aqua colored dots to anchor my sentiment banners and then, of course, I needed a few more to tie it all together.
 
Thanks for stopping by to visit!
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOOOOOODNESS! You've done a fabulous job with these colors-- you've used them in every detail (even the colored staples)! LOVE!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun with the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge! Hope you play along this week for the Picture Perfect challenge:)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts