Saturday, June 16, 2012

H2H - Father's Day

It has been quite some time since I have participated in a H2H challenge. I always have intentions toward doing so, but time gets the better of me and I don't do it.

Since I needed (a little prodding) to make my hubby a Father's Day card (or I would let time bite me in the rear AGAIN), I used the H2H Father's Day challenge to spear my Mojo for a card for Marcus.

I finally cracked open my "Victory" paper pack yesterday to scrap some photos of the kids fishing and I knew that since I had cut the paper, I could part with some pieces for a card. (So I'm very glad I had started scrapbooking with it. I would have NEVER allowed myself to cut pieces of that gorgeous paper for a card and I love this paper on a masculine card.)

All products are CTMH, of course, except for my wood grain stamp which is Skipping Stones Design. I couldn't resist testing out my idea for this one. I used my Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge to cut 3 identical letters for the word "DAD" in white cardstock and then cut 1 set of identical letters in Kraft cardstock. I stamped the wood grain pattern in chocolate ink on top of the kraft cardstock . I then layered all 4 sets of letters on top of each other for thickness. The end result turned out exactly as I'd hoped -- the letters look like they were cut out of wood! (FINALLY, a hair-brained scheme pays off. I had more ideas that didn't turn out yesterday than did. Ugh.)



I also used my AP cartridge to cut the little "stamp" on the left. The "No. 1" [Outdoor Denim ink] is from the "Blue Ribbon" stamp set, the postage stamp items [Chocolate ink] are from "Live Inspired" set. The little adhesive-backed Round Studs are a new favorite! I cracked those open yesterday and have used more than half of the antique color ones. All paper pieces, including the DAD letters, are sponge ink-distressed in Chocolate ink.

Thanks for looking - hope everyone enjoys their Father's Day weekend. I've already promised my hubby lunch at his choice Sunday, so I know I'll be eating well.   (champagne taste and all that.....) Ha!
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Great job on the letters, and I love how you created the little stamp. Might have to lift that!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts