Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Sketchy Thursdays and Play Date Cafe Combination

Good evening,

I'm trying to blog AND watch tv tonight, (Ambitious, I know! -- but some relaxation is in order tonight), so forgive me if my prose is not quite "with it".

I've been trying to find time to post this layout that I had so much fun making on Saturday afternoon. I used the Sketchy Thursday layout from this week and combined it with the fun winter colors from the Play Date Cafe challenge.







For my coordinating CTMH colors, I pulled in Juniper colored patterned paper (from the Perfect Day paper kit) and Crystal Blue colored patterned paper (from the Topstich paper kit). Cream colored cardstock from Bazzil is my base.
The semi-circle accent paper is crystal blue and from the Wonderland kit (recently purchased, thank you very much! It's a BEAUTIFUL kit.)  I stamped the cocoa mug and mittens from the coordinating stamp set found in the Workshop on the Go kit in Juniper ink. The sentiments "You Warm My Heart" and "So Sweet" are from the same stamp set, but in Indian Corn Blue ink so that it would show up. I randomly stamped small snow flakes in crystal blue on the blue paper and on vellum. I used a snowflake punch to punch out the vellum, where I had stamped so that the crystal blue would give some color and dimension. (stamps from same kit) Gray colored opagues from the Licorice opague gems pkg are in the middle of my snowflakes. Above the photo on the left hand side is an "Irrestibles" chipboard frame that I inked in Gray Wool. Blue "Twinkle Brads" are underneath the mug also from CTMH. (These coordinated with the Jingle paper kit from waaay back!)

This layout was fun. I enjoyed working with the color combination that I would not have made up AND I loved having such a cute sketch with layered paper! (Which I'm not always good at)

Be sure to check out the other artwork on these 2 sites and Thanks for Looking tonight.

Have a great rest of the week.


Pin It

1 comment:

  1. What an adorable layout to highlight 2 adorable kids! Don't ?!ou just love that mug and mitten stamp!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts