Friday, September 23, 2011

Clean & Simple Stamping sketch challenge

Hello there!
Well, it's Friday night and I am bound AND DETERMIND that I will get my craft on tonight. If I have to lock the door to my room and tell everyone to fend for themselves....Not that I would enjoy that or anything. (I TOTALLY would.)

But, first things first - I need to follow through with one of my favorite cards of recent crafting.

I made this one for a color challenge a few weeks ago, and I'm sure this might come as a shock to you - but I didn't get it posted in time to make the challenge. I know. I can't believe I did that, either. BUT, I liked this one so much, for some reason, I decided to save it and hope it would work for another challenge! NOW, I can actually send it to someone and put it to good use. Once they've been "blogged", they can live on indefinitely.

The funny thing about this one is that I was so proud of it and had it "displayed" on top of the hutch of my desk in my craft room. My mom was here last weekend and was looking around when I heard her say, "Awww. Bless your heart. This one got bent." (I had done a  LITTLE paper rolling/distressing. I just like to mess around with that.) And, I said, "No. I did that on purpose." Then, SHE said, "Oh.... Well. ...[slight pause]..... I don't like it."   HA HA HA!

Luckily, I'm not overly sensitive! I thought it was funny.

I love this sketch from Clean and Simple Stamping last week. Honestly, this style is all me. I will probably save it off somewhere to use again later. It's good for showcasing a new stamp. And, I love to do that when I first get one (PRIOR to it being filed away in a drawer with all my other little "babies" ... that rarely get used, but I can't seem to part with.)

Here's the sketch...


And here is my card:


By the way, I am totally addicted to the Mocha Opaques from Close to My Heart right now! They make a great "lazy-man" accent. Where I used to go with brads, now I don't even have to punch a hole! I can pop them on and scoot them around until they are lined up even. With brads, I never got them spaced evenly and it was too late once the hole was punched. These are perfect. There will definitely be more on my next order!

Be sure to check out the inspiring sketches and beautiful creations over at Clean and Simple Stamping!
TFL and have a scrappy weekeend! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts