Monday, May 27, 2013

CASE Study #142

Well here I am in the wee hours of the night, (not really, but seems like it to me) trying to get a post going because I've been so tied up all day! After  kicking off summer vacation for the kids with trips to museums and state parks, restaurants and malls the past 2 days, Mommy & Daddy had a few things around the house to catch up on. Of course, that was therapeutic for us; we were enjoying ourselves. The kids think they are being tortured if they don't have a playmate over or are not allowed to go trolling around neighbors' houses looking for a playmate. We had to have the "spoiled" and being "appreciative and grateful" talk for a brief, albeit almost desperate, moment this afternoon.

But all is well that ends well. The Hubs and I got all the hedges trimmed and cleaned up, bushes transplanted to a better locale in the yard, and some straggling perennials we'd acquired planted in the landscaped areas. We felt pretty good about our accomplishments at the end of the day. And, the kids fared pretty well with swimming with friends and a playmate spending the night. I'm sure tomorrow they'll dream up some way they are being mistreated, but for the night they are pretty happy. Ha! (It's always an adventure around here!)

Enough about that- and on to the reasons I'm still up this late and not in bed with a beloved romantic suspense novel, decompressing. I'm decompressing in my crafty space, even though it's only to peruse the web and update my blog entries. That works for now.

I played along with this week's CASE Study Challenge and broke in a set of dies I ordered with a gift cert to accompany my newly acquired Cuttlebug. I love how it all turned out!


Above is the inspiration piece by the May muse, Maile Belles.


I used the PTI "Rosie Posie" stamp set & dies in CTMH Juniper and Tulip colors and the PTI sentiment from "Communique Curves" mini stamp set. The background stamp is from The Alley Way Stamps "Pillow Talk" set, stamped in Amuse Studio's Latte ink. Aqua Mist ribbon and Jute Twine (PTI) around an Amy Tangerine glitter button finish it off. I had fun using my eclectic collection of goodies. It's so fun to mix and match! 

Thanks for stopping by to visit.



Pin It

1 comment:

  1. oh, LOVE the sequins and the stamped background. Some of my fav PTI on this one! Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts