Saturday, May 11, 2013

CASE Study #140



Well it's now "Good afternoon"! :)

I was finishing up a few blog posts this morning and thinking I would catch up. I made the mistake of leaving the computer for a few moments and it was confiscated by my 7yr old. I didn't have the energy to kick him off and I moved on to other things I wanted to knock out. I am happy to report I got a little workout in and I feel much more lucid! ha ha. (Lucid is always good if kids are around.)

Here is the pretty inspiration piece for this week's CASE Study Challenge:



I love Maile Belle's work - always CAS and gorgeous!

Here is my inspired piece: 

I stamped my flowers from CTMH's Card Word Puzzle stamp set, masking to create the little "bouquet". The centers are slightly colored with Smokey Plum ink and a Blending Pen, then a small rhinestone was added in the very center. I also stamped the sentiment (from Card Chatter - Sympathy) using Smokey Plum ink. The black damask paper is from Michael's (Recollections) and the ribbon Hobby Lobby. (I love the damask pattern as the background.) My accent panel is popped up using 3-D Foam Adhesive Tape. (I really need to order this stuff by the truckload!)

Thanks for stopping by!




Pin It

2 comments:

  1. This is so elegant Mandy - I love the shiny satin bow and the bling in the center of the flowers with the pretty damask paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card - that ribbon is so elegant!
    Thanks for studying with us this week on CASE Study!
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts