Sunday, April 14, 2013

CASE Study Challenge #136



Hello -- hope everyone is enjoying the beautiful spring temperatures and weather. It's been beautiful here in Middle TN.

I'm on a marathon computer session this afternoon trying to take care of several little odd jobs and thought I'd pop in with a couple of quick posts for challenges I played along with this weekend.

Friday, I took advantage of a fun sale at Michaels and am now the proud owner of a Cuttlebug! I'm trying to emboss everything now and having the most fun. I told my sister (who wants to get up here sooner rather than later to play herself!) that I'm like the mom from "So I Married An Axe Murderer", (one of our old favorites). One of my favorite lines is when she tells Mike Myer's character, Charlie, "I"ve got a juicer. I juice everything now." And she does it with her cute little Scottish accent; I love to quote it.  Well now I have a chance --- "I've got an embosser. I emboss everything now."

Here is the fun, colorful inspiration piece from the April muse over at CASE Study:


And my inspired piece using an embossing folder    (! SQUEE!) -- (Play it cool, Mandy. the rest of the crafting world has had one for eons. What? Who said that?!)


I adhered different colored cardstock strips to one solid piece and ran it through the Cuttlebug. I stamped my simple sentiment on vellum and added a little bling. Much fun for something so simple! 

Thank you for stopping by!



Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I love what you have created, the colours look amazing together. It is so simply stunning! Thanks for playing with us this week at CASE Study.

    Teneale

    ReplyDelete
  2. I realy love that embosing folder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic design! Your colors blend seamlessly! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, looks amazing! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts