Monday, July 9, 2012

CASE study #98

Monday is over. Whew! Working from home AND tending to the children makes for a tiresome day! I was sure to rob some time this evening in my craft room and let them play quietly in there with me. It was our relaxation and "downtime".

This weeks CASE study is this adorable card by the monthly muse.



Wouldn't you love to have a card like that in your repetoire?! It's so pretty. I love the soft, warm colors and the happy feel. The flowers on that fence are so inviting.

I took my inspiration from the pattern masked into a circle in the background. I first thought of my woodgrain stamps (can't get enough!) and when I pulled that set out, I was reminded of my Chicken Wire stamp from PTI. Chicken wire = even better.

Supplies List:
PaperTrey Ink - On the Farm and Background Basics: Farm & Barn stamp sets;
Close To My Heart - Cocoa ink, Chocolate ink, Grey Wool ink, wooden buttons,
kraft hemp, cranberry ribbon,foundry pin, bamboo cardstock
Doodlebug Designs - red twine
BoBunny - dotted cardstock

I used my Coluzzle template to cut a circle out of a post-it note and used the negative to mask the edges of a circle. I then stamped my chicken wire in grey wool over the un-masked area. Next, the rooster was stamped in cocoa ink twice to make the image darker. Cranberry stamped circle accent and cocoa stamped checkerboard pattern. Added my accents and ribbon and voila! Easy - peasy.

Thanks for looking. Please be sure to visit the CASE Study Challenge Blog for tons of inspiring art work. Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Chicken wire = perfect! I adore this card! Gorgeous work, Mandy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I love that cluster of embellishments on this card - great focal point!
    Thanks for studying with us on CASE Study this week! :)
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super gorgeous and trendy!! Love the way you used the WMS stamps :) Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mandy!!!! Oh my goodness!!!! I totally LOVE your card!!!!! Everything about it is perfect. I've been trying to decide whether to get this stamp set or not. You are making me want to get it even more!!!! Thanks for playing with us this week at CASE Study Challenge! I hope to see you again on the next challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. super cute card...have a wonderful weekend!

    enjoy 8~*

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts