Thursday, February 2, 2012

CASE Study #76 and Colour Q #122

TGIF!

I am THRILLED that tomorrow is Friday. My hubby doesn't have to work the weekend and we, currently, have little to no plans! A perfect weekend for some R&R which we all 4 desperately need.

I squeezed in some crafting this evening, and when I say squeeze - I meant from Mojo Central in my brain. WOW. It was like squeezing blood from a turnip. It took me a while to get "with it". I was trying not to get frustrated, because I knew I was tired - but then again I was feeling stubborn and knew I wouldn't be satisfied until I cranked out SOMETHING that didn't make my top lip curl up. I tried several things tonight, some were ideas that have been floating in my head all day - that didn't quite work out and others were new inspiration!

The best inspiration tonight came from the CASE Study Challenge and Colour Q colors from this weeks' challenges.



After my few "failed attempts", I broke down and pulled out my new "Roxie" kit from CTMH. Normally, I make it a habit NOT to use my new kits in cards and challenges, b/c I am so blame stingy with my new CTMH kits! Ha! .... But as part of my 2012 Program (mentioned in previous posts), I find that if I actually use some of the cool stuff I bought, I like my projects much better. Case in point.....
All products are Close to my Heart unless otherwise noted.
Tsukineko: Black Versa Fine ink
Other: Black paper, Vellum

Thanks for looking and don't forget to check out the inspiring artwork over at Case Study and Colour Q this week! Pin It

7 comments:

  1. gorgeous card, the sweet pick for the butterfly is too cuuuute...hope your weekend is amazing!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty!! so glad you joined us this week at the ColourQ!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, Mandy, love the butterfly! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your take on the inspiration! Especially the way you mounted the butterfly-very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, love the colours! Thank you for playing along with the CASE Study girls this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my what a sweeeet card!!! I am sooo glad you could share this with us at CASE Study Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts